Dental care is an often overlooked, but important component, of your dog and cat's health care. A good sound dental program will provide comfort and longevity to your pet's life as well as make them more pleasant to be around. Both dogs and cats need routine dental care. We offer advice on home dental care and give you options on how to achieve the best results. Ask us how we can assist you in providing dental care for your pet.
Dr. Ron's Animal Hospital is dedicated to providing the following comprehensive, preventative dental services:
- Oral/dental exams
- Comprehensive dental cleanings, polishing and fluoride treatments
- Minor oral surgery including, but not limited to, tooth extractions, fistula repairs and removal of oral tumors
- Special enamel sealant applications as well as performing endodontics (root canals etc.).
- Comprehensive pain management before, during and after any oral procedure that may produce discomfort
- Monitored general anesthesia through our knowledgeable, well-trained technicians with the aid of digital monitoring for the vital signs
- All anesthetic patients have a designated technician/nurse assigned to them at all times
- Home dental care instructions and product recommendations
- A referral network to veterinary dentists and specialists when needed
At Home Dental Care:
Brushing your pet's teeth every day will reduce or eliminate plaque buildup. Plaque, which is an accumulation of bacteria, will progress to periodontitis, which is characterized by pockets of chronic infection, oral pain, and severe infections. Left untreated, it will eventually loosen and destroy the tooth and possibly lead to bone loss. The infection under the gum line can also spread to the liver, kidneys and heart.
Please call us to schedule an appointment with one of our veterinarians if your dog or cat is exhibiting any of these
signs of dental diseases:
- Loss of appetite or loss of weight
- Bad breath
- Loose teeth or teeth that are discolored or covered in tartar
- Your pet shies away from you when you touch the mouth area
- Drooling or dropping food from the mouth
- Bleeding from the mouth
received 4 stars out of 5 based on 51 reviews on Yellow Pages