As loving pet owners, it is important to remember that many of the treats we humans enjoy are toxic to our canine friends. Foods like chocolate and grapes, which we snack on regularly, can actually be quite dangerous for dogs if ingested. Even “humane” items like onions, macadamias, walnuts and garlic can cause health issues for a dog due to their toxicity levels. Thankfully, many pet food manufacturers create delicious snacks crafted especially for furry friends that provide great nutrition and safety. And don’t forget the importance of proper portion size – even in healthy snacks designed for pets – when feeding your pup something new. So while all of us humans may not agree on what’s tasty and what isn’t, when it comes to living with a four-legged family friend it is always important to skip the unhealthy things we enjoy so they stay happy and healthy.
Chocolates are a delicious treat for humans, but they can be dangerous for dogs. While a small amount of chocolate may not cause any harm to your furry friend, consuming large amounts can lead to serious health issues. Here are some reasons why chocolates shouldn’t be fed to dogs:
As beloved companions, caring for our dogs is a top priority. Unfortunately, many foods that are enjoyed by humans can be hazardous to our canine friends. Chocolate, grapes and raisins, onions and garlic, macadamia nuts – these seemingly innocuous things that come together to make great snacks for us can be seriously toxic to dogs.
While some may cause gastric upset, others can be much more dangerous. It’s important to remember that just because something is deemed safe for human consumption does not mean it is appropriate for the furry members of our families.
At Dr. Ron’s Animal Hospital, our team of experienced professionals is on hand to guide you through the process of feeding and caring for your beloved pets. With our location convenient to Simi Valley, Moorpark, Thousand Oaks, Chatsworth, and other areas nearby Ventura County, we are committed to helping make sure your furry friends get the proper nutrition they need.
Immediate medical attention is also necessary when it comes to risky situations such as your dog eating chocolate. We understand how upsetting this type of situation can be but at our hospital we strive to provide a safe and compassionate environment so that you and your pet can get back to living as usual without delay.